Crooked teeth can be embarrassing! You might cover your smile when you meet new people, even if it's unintentional. Or maybe you avoid talking with others because you're self-conscious about the appearance of your teeth.
Dr. Cerina Fairfax believes that everyone deserves to have a smile they feel proud of. So if you've hidden your smile over the years due to teeth that are misaligned, unevenly spaced, or overlapped, you'll be happy to know there are orthodontic treatment options that can straighten your teeth without you committing to years of wearing braces.
Dr. Fairfax is pleased to offer Fastbraces to our patients. Fastbraces is an orthodontic treatment that moves teeth more efficiently than traditional braces. We use Fastbraces to correct crooked, crowded, or protruding teeth. If you are interested in learning if Fastbraces in Fairfax, VA might be a good option for your smile, contact Dr. Fairfax & Associates Family Dentistry today at (703) 273-1033 to schedule an evaluation.
- Why Straight Teeth Are Important
- Problems That Fastbraces Can Correct
- How Fastbraces Work So Quickly
- The Advantages of Choosing Fastbraces
- Fitting Fastbraces Into Your Budget
- Who Is a Candidate for Fastbraces?
Why Straight Teeth Are Important
A straight smile is important – not just for appearance, but also to maintain optimal health for your mouth.
When your bite is aligned correctly, you can eat and chew with ease, and you avoid any painful symptoms of jaw joint problems (TMJ).
If you're struggling with a misaligned bite, you may find yourself dealing with neck and shoulder pain, popping and clicking upon opening or closing your mouth, tenderness when eating or chewing, headaches, or even your jaw locking open or closed. These symptoms all contribute to a painful condition known as temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD). Straightening your teeth will also correct your bite and can eliminate TMD.
Oral hygiene is also more comfortable with teeth that are aligned. It is easier to brush and floss straight teeth, which means less risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and possible tooth loss.
Believe it or not, straighter teeth also provide significant positive benefits for your mental health. When you have a beautiful smile that you feel confident about, you may find yourself smiling a lot more. And because smiles are contagious, you'll help others to smile more often and feel happier.
People often perceive those who smile more as friendlier and more approachable. Having confidence and a boost to your self-esteem can open you up for new relationships or even career opportunities that weren't available to you before.
Problems That Fastbraces Can Correct
Because Fastbraces work just like traditional braces with brackets and wires, it means that this orthodontic system can correct a wide array of tooth misalignment and bite concerns. Some of the problems that Fastbraces can eliminate are:
- Open bite
- Overlapped teeth
- Rotated teeth
- Spaces or gaps between teeth
Better yet, you'll be able to eliminate these concerns faster than you would be able to with traditional braces. This means you'll be eating comfortably and enjoying the benefits of your best smile as soon as possible!
How Fastbraces Work So Quickly
Crooked teeth result when teeth tilt to one side or the other instead of being straight up and down. The design of square brackets used with traditional braces moves the top part of the tooth— the crown—first, and then the tooth root afterward. Since the two issues are treated separately, treatment with traditional braces can take years.
Fastbraces, on the other hand, move root and crown together, significantly reducing treatment time. The first thing you will notice about Fastbraces is that the brackets are triangular, rather than square-shaped. The benefit of this unique design is that it allows more space between the brackets for greater flexibility and straightening of the root and crown together.
The Advantages of Choosing Fastbraces
- Short Treatment Times – Fastbraces starts moving the dental roots from the first day of treatment so that most patients can complete it in about a year. But the orthodontic procedure with Fastbraces is so efficient that some patients see desired results in just three months!
- Increased Comfort – The unique design of Fastbraces uses a single orthodontic wire that moves your teeth gently and with less irritation than traditional braces.
- Long-Lasting Results – Fastbraces delivers results that last, so you can confidently enjoy your beautiful smile for many years to come. Since Fastbraces move the root of the tooth as soon as you start treatment, your teeth are stable and less likely to shift after treatment.
- Proven to Be Safe and Effective – You may not have heard of Fastbraces, but they aren't new. Fastbraces has been used safely and successfully for 20 years.
- Lifetime Guarantee – Fastbraces comes with a lifetime satisfaction guarantee — If for any reason, you need braces again to correct the teeth that were formerly crooked, you will be given the braces at absolutely no charge. Ask Dr. Fairfax for more information.
- You Can Choose Discretion - Fastbraces does offer an option for you to use clear brackets that are less noticeable when straightening your teeth.
Fitting Fastbraces Into Your Budget
Another benefit of choosing orthodontic treatment with Fairfax Fastbraces is that reduced treatment time means fewer visits to your dentist, which often makes the procedure more affordable. Each patient's orthodontic needs are different, and Dr. Fairfax determines the cost of your treatment based on the complexity of your case and the length of time it will take to complete. Scheduling an initial evaluation with Dr. Fairfax is the best way to determine what the exact cost of your Fastbraces treatment will be.
If you have dental insurance that includes an orthodontic benefit, you may be able to apply those dollars towards treatment with Fastbraces. An orthodontic insurance benefit can help reduce your out-of-pocket cost for your treatment and make it more comfortable to fit Fastbraces into your budget.
Dr. Fairfax also works with companies like CareCredit that can help patients finance their orthodontic treatment. CareCredit breaks the cost of treatment into affordable monthly payments. They even offer some plans that are interest-free for patients who qualify. Applying for CareCredit is simple, and you can do it online or with your dental team at Dr. Fairfax & Associates Family Dentistry.
As you can see, we have many options for making your new, straighter smile a reality without breaking the bank. Don't hesitate to call our friendly and knowledgeable financial team if you have questions about your payment options for Fastbraces.
Who Is a Candidate for Fastbraces?
Wondering if Fastbraces is right for you? The first step is to call our Fairfax, VA dental office so we can arrange a commitment-free consultation with Dr. Fairfax. She will evaluate your situation and help you decide whether Fastbraces is the most appropriate solution for you.
If you decide that Fastbraces isn't the best option for your dental treatment needs, Dr. Fairfax can recommend other procedures that can help you meet your smile goals.
Please Contact Dr. Fairfax & Associates Family Dentistry for an Appointment
If you're ready to schedule your Fastbraces evaluation, we encourage you to contact our Fairfax dental office today at (703) 273-1033. You owe it to yourself to learn what might be possible for your smile! We can you on your way to a perfectly beautiful smile in no time.