If you’re a millennial searching for jobs, you face a lot of competition. To be successful, it’s essential that you present your best appearance during interviews and while on the job. Since your smile is one of the first things others notice, you want to be sure it’s making you feel confident and not dragging you down.
Confidence and Smiles
Unfortunately, many in this age group don’t feel confident about either the health or appearance of their smile. Recently, the American Dental Association completed a study to determine how millennials felt about their oral health and the impact it had on their success in business and social relationships. Here are some of the statistics:
- 82% said the appearance of their teeth impacted their ability to interview successfully
- 38% said that the condition of their teeth impacts makes life generally less satisfying
- 25% said they avoid smiling because of the poor oral health
- 22% said they don’t participate in social activities because of their smile
Take Control of Your Oral Health
Whatever problem you’re currently experiencing, you can take steps to improve your oral health starting today.
- Be conscientious about brushing and flossing to minimize the risk for cavities and gum disease
- Avoid sweets that can lead to decay or hard and crunchy foods that can chip or fracture teeth
- Avoid foods and beverages that stain your teeth like coffee, colas, dark berries, and soy sauce
- Don’t use your teeth as tools that can cause them to chip, break, or fracture
- Stay current with dental exams and cleanings to stay a step ahead of problems
Looking For a New Dentist in the Fairfax Area?
If you’re looking for a dentist in Fairfax to help you get your oral health back and ensure your smile’s as healthy and beautiful as it can be, please call Dr. Fairfax & Associates Family Dentistry.
We will meet with you to identify your needs, recommend options to improve your smile and help you decide which solution will help you achieve your oral health goals.